Monday, May 14, 2012

For Sale

Do you guys remember how I was riding that roan horse and we got on like a house on fire and he fit my saddle, and I sort of put in an offer that was sort of rejected because one person was ok with the price but the other partner wasn't. Well he is on the market officially now and honestly it's pretty gutting because now I'm in no position to buy the big bastard and I really loved him. Life you taunt me with the things I can't have! He would have been a great addition to the two I will have competing next year. Behind Connie but ahead of Bill. Still I can hardly afford the horses I have now, let alone have time for them. This sucks. I'm so frustrated that I'm in this situation when the only thing that really matters to me, which is riding is getting further and further out of reach. I don't know what to do to change my situation so that I can get more time in the saddle. I'm not going to go back now, only forward. I need to be good at this jumping lark, need. It's a visceral thing, it's a real burning I have to be one of the best, and I just can't see a way out of the bind I'm in now.

2 comments:

  1. :( These things are hard.

    It might be even harder to have bills on three horses when you're boarding out though.

    ReplyDelete